By: Rebecca K Halliday

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mono (mononucleosis)

Mono = No fun!!  I once went to see a doctor because I didn't feel well for several days. I remember this doctor visit very well because the nurse gagged me with a pop-sickle stick & I almost threw up on her shoes. I also remember thinking "I cannot be sick! I refuse!" Let me explain...  I was a senior in high school, I had school, dance, cheer, friends, and many important things to do and places to be! Being sick was NOT an option. The doctor came into the room where I was waiting and looked over my chart and said "You have mono." .... I remember this weird feeling, It was like he was in the room but yet he was really really far away from me and I could hardly hear him. I thought,  "WHAT?? what did he say? mono??" That was the worst possible thing I could have heard from him. I thought for sure it was a bad flu and I would get some antibiotics then be on my way, better in a few days. But NO... he said MONO!! I remember I heard him say it, although it was surreal like a dream, but in my mind I was thinking "I didn't hear that! I don't have mono!! NO WAY! I'm out of here! Things to do... Goodbye!" I left the doctors office running and never looked back. At that time I was living with my Grandparents... I went home and told my Grandma I didn't feel real well, she made me some homemade chicken noodle soup, herbal tea, and gave me echinacea. My Grandma asked me what the doctor said and I told her he said NOTHING. I felt better and life actually went on.  I kept using the herbs and I kept up with my busy life. This little experience was where I first learned about the healing power in my will and in natural herbs. I truly believe my will, the herbs, and movement/exercise healed me at that time. This does not always work unfortunatly, but at that time in my life...for me... it worked! I was excited to learn that essential oils are actually 50-70 times more powerful than herbs. This was an awesome discovery for me because I already used and loved herbs! The combination of herbs and essential oils is effective. It's worth trying and testing.

MONO (Mononucleosis) - (info from the Modern Essentials book)
Mononucleosis is a viral disease caused by the Epstein-Barr virus and usually spread through contact with infected saliva, tears, and mucous. Most adults have been exposed to this virus sometime in their lives, but many display no symptoms or only very mild flu-like symptoms. Mononucleosis symptoms are most often seen in adolescents and young adults. Symptoms of this disease include fatigue, weakness, severe sore throat, fever, swollen lymph nodes, swollen tonsils, headache, loss of appetite, and a soft or swollen spleen. Once individuals are exposed to the Epstein-Barr virus, they carry the virus for the rest of their lives. The virus sporadically becomes active, but the symptoms do not appear again. Whenever the virus is active, however, it can be spread to others - even if the person carrying it shows no symptoms.

Oils to try: Breathe , On Gaurd




*Blend 1: Combine 3 drops oregano, 3 drops On Gaurd, and 3 drops Thyme. Rub the blend on the feet.
*Topically: Dilute as recommended, and apply 1-3 drops on throat and feet.
*Diffuse into the air. Inhale oil directly or apply to the hands.


PS... ESSENTIAL OILS ARE  ANTI-VIRAL!!!  NO VIRUS ALLOWED!

3 comments:

  1. Visita el enlace para más información de la mononucleosis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you so much for writing this and sharing your story. My 15 yr old son was just diagnosed with mono and nothing I have tried has helped. I reached out to a few people whom have these oils and we are going to give it a try. He plays football and sadly has been sidelined. We are also just days away from the first day of his freshman year and I don't want him missing any days of school. Again thank you so much!! ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. For your mono blend, could you please tell me what kind/size container? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete